Thank you Patrick.
I don’t even post anything anymore and I still get a steady stream of followers. You guys are weird.
Okay, so ever since this phenomenal duo went on tour as openers with Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco for their arena tour last year, there’s been a HUGE spike in their fan base online and at shows. Which is totally awesome!!! And absolutely just the kind of attention these guys need, as this project’s only a couple years old and is still gaining momentum. But as with any great band, it’s kind of hard knowing where to start and how to get into them. So I decided to hopefully make that easier for you guys by putting together this super mega masterpost on everything twenty one pilots! And hopefully this can also be a great reference post for old fans as well. Enjoy!
Getting To Know Them:
- So who’s in the band? The band is fronted by Tyler Joseph, a self-taught singer, rapper, pianist, and ukulele-player. He is backed by drummer and close friend Josh Dun.
- Where are they from? Columbus, Ohio.
- What kind of music do they make? While they span a good handful of modern genres, if I had to describe them in a sentence, it’d be an electro-indie-rock duo that occasionally raps. They have also been called “schizoid-pop”.
- What’s their message? Stay alive. And power to the local dreamer.
- Official Website Info, Bio, & Band Name Meaning
- AllMusic Artist Biography
- MTV Artist Biography
- StarPulse Biography
- iTunes Biography
- No Phun Intended (unknown) – Tyler’s first musical project, before the creation of the band. Self-recorded.
- Twenty One Pilots (2009) – Twenty One Pilot’s first album, recorded before Josh joined the band. Tyler had been backed by high-school friends, bassist Nick Thomas and drummer Chris Salih. Independently recorded and distributed.
- Regional At Best (2011) – Twenty One Pilot’s first release featuring the new lineup of only Joseph and Dun. Briefly features Tyler’s brother, Zack Joseph, on one of the tracks. Independently recorded and distributed.
- Vessel (2013) – Their first major-label release, after they were signed to Fueled By Ramen, alongside tour-mates such as Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, and Paramore. Produced by Greg Wells, whose most notable work includes Adele and Katy Perry.
- Jar of Hearts (Cover)
- Can’t Help Falling In Love (Cover)
- Holding On To You
- Guns For Hands
- Car Radio
- House Of Gold
- Migraine - Captured in The Live Room
- Car Radio - Captured in The Live Room
- Holding On To You - Captured in The Live Room
- House Of Gold - Captured in The Live Room
- The Burnbury Sessions: Holding On To You
- The Burnbury Sessions: House of Gold
- UG Studios Sessions - Addict With A Pen
- UG Studios Sessions - Car Radio
- UG Studios Sessions - Holding On To You
- 102.9 The Buzz Acoustic Sessions: Screen
- 102.9 The Buzz Acoustic Sessions: Holding On To You
- 102.9 The Buzz Acoustic Sessions: House Of Gold
- Live at The Underground: Ode To Sleep
- House of Gold (Live In A Couple Places)
- Live at Newport Music Hall: Holding On To You
- Live at Newport Music Hall: Ode To Sleep
- Live at Newport Music Hall: Car Radio
- Live at Newport Music Hall: Forest
- Live from The LC: Fake You Out
- Live from The LC: Screen
- Live from The LC: Addict With A Pen
- Live from The LC: House Of Gold
- Live from The LC: Trees
- Live from The LC: Car Radio
Extras & Exclusives:
- Regional At Best: The Web Series – TEASER
- Regional At Best: The Web Series – Episode 01: Two-Piece
- Regional At Best: The Web Series – Episode 02: Ichthus Part 01
- Regional At Best: The Web Series – Episode 03: Ichthus Part 02
- Regional At Best: The Web Series – Episode 04: CD Release Show
- Regional At Best: The Web Series – Episode 05: Guns For Hands
- Regional At Best: The Web Series – Episode 06: Regional At Best Tour Part 01
- Regional At Best: The Web Series – Episode 07: Regional At Best Tour Part 02
- Rock Sound - Record Shopping With Josh
- Rock Sound - Street Poetry With Tyler
- Rock Sound - Migraine (Toy Piano Addition)
- PIQNIQ 2013 - Backstage With Twenty One Pilots
- Behind The Scenes: Holding On To You
- Down On The Farm
- BUS INVADERS: Episode 438
- FBR Street Team: Introduction
- Tyler and Josh: Happy Wheels Adventure
- AMH TV
- Artisan News
- Backflips & Gorilla Suits
- Bring The Noise UK
- 102.9 The Buzz - Acoustic Sessions
- 102.9 The Buzz - 21 Favorite Things About Halloween
- Contact Music
- David the Dad
- Firefly Survival Guide
- Genre Fusion, Mortality, & The Lines In Their Name
- The Gunz Show
- Joiz Germany: Introduction
- Joiz Germany: Band Name
- Joiz Germany: Josh Talks About Sex
- Joiz Germany: Romeo & Juliet
- Kids Interview Bands
- MTV Interviews
- Nigel R
- Yahoo: On The Road
- Pavlina Music
- Q877 Chicago - P.J.
- Q877 Chicago - Lauren
- Point Interviews
- Punk Rock Teen Years
- Reading Festival 2013 Part 1
- Reading Festival 2013 Part 2
- StudioA (USA Today)
- Tour Van Tales & Drumming Encores
- Trapped In The Tumblr Closet
- Sessions With Steve Serrano
- Live Nation:Two Things
- Walk The Moon & Ex-Girlfriends
- FaceCulture - Part 1
- FaceCulture - Part 2
- Messiah Pulse
- The AU Review
- The Live Room
- Best Fan TV
- The Beaver Online
- Columbus Alive Part 1
- Columbus Alive Part 2
- Decorated Youth - w/Mark C. Eshleman, band’s creative director
- Hollywood Reporter
- iHeartRadio OffBeat
- Mass Attack (Ones To Watch)
- TeenLink - w/Mark C. Eshelman
- Under The Gun
Other Important Links:
- Tyler’s Twitter
- Josh’s Twitter
- Mark’s Twitter
- (Josh’s girlfriend) Debby’s Twitter
- (Tyler’s girlfriend) Jenna’s Twitter
- Josh’s Vine
- Tyler’s Vine
- Mark’s Vine
- Debby’s Vine
- Jenna’s Vine
- Tyler’s YouTube
Cover image: [x]
With a lot of new people in the skeleton clique, I think this is appropriate to bring back.
You’ll enjoy it AFTER.. Now that I work and hate my life uni was aaaawesome
Oh no, that’s what I’m thinking about high school. It sucked but I miss it because this is worse, study-wise. =/ Can’t win, can you?
Oh, hey! Today we passed 2000 followers! Thank you guys so much! We wouldn’t be running without your input and assistance.
My obviously terrible edit has gotten over 800 notes. That’s gotta be a joke, right?
Thanks, Lovely. ^__^
I’m recording my oral report for my psychology assignment, and I’m wearing this pretty shirt (instead of my usual band shirts). Unknown to the audience, however, I’m also wearing pyjama pants. What they don’t know won’t hurt them.
I just want to let him know that he does have a supportive fanbase who isn’t looking to exploit him or his fame. Unfortunately, those who are displeased always tend to be the loudest.
I’ve been watching people treat Gerard like shit for literally years. If they won’t listen to me, they better fucking listen to Gerard. I just don’t understand how they think Gerard is obliged to just stand there and take the nonsense people throw at him.
I’m thrilled Gerard finally addressed this, because I’ve been seeing this excuse for far too long. I remember one “fan” nastily informing Mikey that because she buys MCR merchandise, she’s entitled to graphic details about his personal life, and I’m pretty sure she’s not the only one with that belief. Finally, Gerard shut that one down.
Actually, I’m proud of Gerard in general for standing up for himself the way he did today. He was classy and respectful, but also more direct than he’s been in the past. Maybe parts of this fandom will actually get it through their heads that Gerard’s not their punching bag. If you wouldn’t say it in real life, right to his face, don’t tweet it to him.